[Dovecot] Converting Dovecot.conf file from Dovecot 1.x to Dovecot 2.x (Dovecot configured with work with MySQL and Postfix)

Femi Ajayi redhat19 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:42:38 EEST 2012

Hi Freelancers,

I want to convert this Dovecot configuration file for Dovecot 1.x to a
dovecot file for Dovecot 2.x

============================= /etc/dovecot.conf
================================
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir

ssl_cert_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

namespace private {
    separator = .
    prefix = INBOX.
    inbox = yes
}

protocol lda {
    log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
    auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
    postmaster_address = postmaster at example.com
}

protocol pop3 {
    pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

auth default {
    user = root

    passdb sql {
        args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
    }

    userdb static {
        args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/home/vmail/%d/%n allow_all_users=yes
    }

    socket listen {
        master {
            path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
            mode = 0600
            user = vmail
        }

        client {
            path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
            mode = 0660
            user = postfix
            group = postfix
        }
    }
}

I run CentOS 6 on my server and I am trying to get my Dovecot to work with
MySQL and Postfix to handle multiple virtual domains/users.

I am currenty following the instructions here:
http://library.linode.com/email/postfix/dovecot-mysql-centos-5
but the instructions are for Dovecot 1.x.

Thanks in advance.