[Dovecot] userdb namespace settings bug

Alexander 'Leo' Bergolth leo at strike.wu.ac.at
Mon May 14 00:40:14 EEST 2012

Hi!

Since upgrading to 2.1.6, setting namespaces via environment variables
using a imap-postlogin-script *sometimes* doesn't work.

Sometimes, the prefix of a namespace isn't set correctly, but is set to
an empty string, which leads to the following error:
namespace configuration error: Duplicate namespace prefix: ""

However, the environment is set correctly, the error seems to occur when
parsing the environment.

See the attached log:
The postlogin-script sets the environment variables attached as
dovecot-postlogin-environment.txt. (dumped from postlogin script via env)

However, the variable "NAMESPACE/S-GSD/PREFIX=Shared/GSD/" gets parsed
as: plugin/namespace/s-gsd/prefix=Shared/GSD/

See the error message:
Unknown userdb setting: plugin/namespace/s-gsd/prefix=Shared/GSD/

After restarting dovecot, the same configuration sometimes works correctly.

I'd greatly appreciate your help! Unfortunately I have done the upgrade
on a production system, so the issue is quite serious for me..

Will downgrading to 2.0 work? (Index-files, etc?)

Thanks,
--leo
--
e-mail   ::: Leo.Bergolth (at) wu.ac.at