[Dovecot] stats + fts squat plugins, indexer-worker error on message indexing

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed May 16 09:55:48 EEST 2012

Am 25.04.2012 21:09, schrieb Timo Sirainen:

>>> Does the attached patch fix it?
>>
>> The error is still logged, but is that intentional on your part? It looks like the patch logs the failure to open() when the error returned is anything other than ENOENT and in my case the error is EACCESS. Other than that it looks like it correctly disables accessing that file.
>
> The patch intended to open the /proc/self/io immediately at startup while still running as root.
>
> Anyway, now that I'm testing it again myself, I see that it's supposed to work even without the patch, because /proc/self/io's permissions change after seteuid().
>
> I noticed similar errors happening somewhat randomly in another CentOS 6.2 system. Changing the kernel fixed it. (Downgrading at least worked, possibly upgrading might also.)

Hi Tim , i have also rare logs like

indexer-worker(user at user.examnple): Error: open(/proc/self/io) failed:
Permission denied

but afterwards

indexer-worker(user at user.examnple): Indexed 253 messages in INBOX: 1 Time(s

the users reported no problem so it seems not to be a big problem
anyway are there news related to the problem

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria