[Dovecot] Convert from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Sun May 20 12:33:18 EEST 2012

The server I am running Dovecot on is still using locale = ISO-8859-1 but I am thinking it is time to convert to UTF-8...
Can I just use convmv to convert all the files in the mailboxes to UTF-8 or is there anything else I need to do?
Do I need to run iconv to convert the content also or does dovecot/MUA fix this by it self? (i.e. they display the mail as encoded in ISO-8859-1)

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj at havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied:

believed to be clean.