[Dovecot] GETQUOTAROOT under roundcube

Adam Szpakowski as at 3a.pl
Sun May 20 15:07:54 EEST 2012

Hi,

I'm struggling with the proper quota displaying under roundcube webmail.
I've tracked the problem to the different responses on GETQUOTAROOT command.

Roundcube aquire quota usage using IMAP command: GETQUOTAROOT INBOX

Example dump of the roundcube <-> dovecot communication:
 > GETQUOTAROOT inbox
< QUOTAROOT "inbox" "User quota"
< QUOTA "User quota" (STORAGE 1198415 10485760)
< OK Getquotaroot completed.

The same communication using python imaplib:
 > GETQUOTAROOT inbox
< QUOTAROOT "inbox" "User quota"
< QUOTA "User quota" (STORAGE 1431260 10485760)
< OK Getquotaroot completed.

Quota reported to python client is the same as the one reported to
Thunderbird and seems to be the proper one.
Python test was performed from the webmail same server, the same user.

If there is no explanation on IMAP level i'll move the question to
roundcube list.

software used:
- dovecot: 2.0.15, quota limit set in LDAP, usage tracked in SQL
- roundcube: 0.7
- python: 2.6.7

Relevant parts of the dovecot config (taken selectively from different
files):

quota = dict:User quota::proxy::quota
quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+10%%
quota_rule3 = spam:storage=+10%%

user_attrs = mailQuota=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$

mail_plugins = quota imap_quota

dict {
quota = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-used-quota.conf.ext
}

#dovecot-dict-used-quota.conf.ext
map
{