[Dovecot] Checkpassword Perl LDAP Implementation

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Sun May 27 03:16:31 EEST 2012

A few years back I hacked up a perl chkpassldap.pl script to
authenticate against ldap, and optionally authorize against groups
and/or ldap attributes.  This works with both qmail and Dovecot, and it
also supports a somewhat generic method to alter the environment
suitable to use for Dovecot as a prefetch userdb.

Anyway, I have been running the script on a qmail-ldap and Dovecot 1.2
proxying cluster using the stock qmail-ldap attributes without any
troubles, and figured I would finally release it in the thought someone
might find it useful.

http://fritz.potsdam.edu/projects/chkpassldap

I tried to document the ins and outs of userdb configuration.  If anyone
finds anything that could use correction or clarification, please let me
know.  It has been awhile since I was in the middle of it all.

Cheers,
-Jeff

--
Jeffrey Hardy