[Dovecot] LMTP benefit vs LDA

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Tue Nov 6 09:32:58 EET 2012

Il 03/11/2012 13:41, Daniel Parthey ha scritto:
> Davide wrote:
>> my question is what is benefit implementing LMTP service replacing
>> LDA i have dovecot 2.1.8 with vpoipmail+qmail and about 500 users
>> now i'm using LDA and i'm interested on LMTP service.
> with LMTP...
[...]
> * you don't need to spawn a new process for each message

For me this options is the most valuable. I'm also running
qmail+vpopmail and dovecot as LDA and with thousand of users spawn a new
process for each message could be a problem.

But you need to swith to postfix, or have you some idea on how to run
qmail and LMTP together?

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/