[Dovecot] sieve

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Tue Nov 6 14:43:06 EET 2012

At  8AM +0100 on  6/11/12 you (Christian Rößner) wrote:

> is there a sieve option that can reject a mail directly without
> creating a new mail and sending that out? I know about
>
> reject "Reject message goes here";
>
> but I am looking for a mechanism that can reject Mail.

You want 'ereject', RFC 5429, but Pigeonhole currently only implements
it as a synonym for reject. I'm not sure if this is within-spec or not:
this paragraph

    The "ereject" action MUST NOT be available in environments that do
    not support protocol-level rejection, e.g., an MUA, and MUST be
    available in all other environments that support the "reject"
    action.

makes me think that perhaps it's not; in any case, Dovecot's
implementation won't do what you want.

Ben