[Dovecot] Android ICS stock client and IMAP Capability issue.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 8 01:55:33 EET 2012

Even gmail itself isn't advertising all capabilities before login:

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 XYZZY SASL-IR AUTH=XOAUTH AUTH=XOAUTH2

vs.

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA ID XLIST CHILDREN X-GM-EXT-1 UIDPLUS COMPRESS=DEFLATE

UIDPLUS especially has been very widely used long before gmail. I guess they also don't want to advertise unnecessary capabilities before login and have determined that all the important clients supporting UIDPLUS support receiving after it post-login.