[Dovecot] Android ICS stock client and IMAP Capability issue.

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Thu Nov 8 11:56:42 EET 2012

Am 08.11.2012 09:34, schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter:
> * Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de>:
>> Am 08.11.2012 01:18, schrieb Massimiliano Cianelli:
>>> Yes, different teams, but I think Google is still a lot more reasonable
>>
>> yeah it works, but they had bugged it for my last tests,
>> mail in sent folder ( which is corect in use by  SPECIAL-USE )
>> always stay unread, seems they have had design problems using now a
>> standard outgoing folder, however there is a bug report about that
>> and they anounced to fix it, but it isnt in my last tests after the last
>> upgrade, if they dont fix it you cant use the sent folder via imap in a
>> handy way , and you have to disable the feature in total ( this point
>> was changed also ), and need to set this function via filter wizard like
>> long time ago outlook versions needed it
>
> We could work around this with a SIEVE rule that marks the message 'read' when
> it is put into the Sent folder, couldn't we?
>
> p at rick

its a copy/move imap to sent folder act, cant see how we could get sieve
involved in that "for now" , cause sieve only act when lda or lmtp is
used ,in my understandig
but lets hope microsoft has/will fix it, i will test the stable new
outlook, until i get more powerfull hardware to install it, i am also
looking forward whats happening with imap special use on different
language versions

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--