[Dovecot] Dovecot ok for port 110, but not for SSL (beginner asking)

ycc_Swe yngve_l2 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:32:18 EET 2012

Thank you for your replies.

I am trying to authenticate with user/password under SSL (port 995).

Ben wrote:
Does your dovecot machine have a proper publically-signed SSL
certificate, or are you using a self-signed cert? If you're using a
self-signed cert you'll probably find third-pary systems (like the
website you're using for testing) won't accept it, and will disconnect
immediately.
*Thank you very much for your comment Ben, I think you spotted my problem.
I just use the certificate and key that are generated during the
installation.
To be able to make web-sites connect I must have a proper "publically-signed
SSL".
Thanks, this question is solved, at least for the time being.*