[Dovecot] Sieve users script problem.

Ben Morrow ben at morrow.me.uk
Sun Nov 11 02:39:21 EET 2012

At  6PM +0200 on 10/11/12 you (Eliezer Croitoru) wrote:
> I am using Dovecot 2.1.9 which seems to solve older bug in sieve.
> Now I have another problem with users scripts.
> I want dovecot to run users scripts but it seems to not even see them.
> Dovecot runs the default sieve script from home dir but wont see the
> sieve scripts in the sieve subdirectory and some logs:

Sieve only runs one user-specified sieve script. The other scripts in
the sieve/ directory are alternatives which can be managed and activated
using managesieve. The ~/.dovecot.sieve script should be a symlink to
the currently-activated script in the sieve/ directory, so that
managesieve can change which script is activated.

It is also possible to run other scripts from the sieve/ directory using
the 'include' extension, but you must use the :personal location (or
simply not specify :global, since :personal is the default). If a user
wants to run several scripts in succession I believe the only way
currently is to create a 'master' script which looks like

    require ["include"];

    include "script1";
    include "script2";

and activate that script.

> Nov 10 18:35:54 lda(user at domain.local): Debug: sieve: include:
> sieve_global_dir is not set; it is currently not possible to include
> `:global' scripts.

It's not clear to me what's happening here: does that script use the
'include :global' command? If you want that to work you will need to
create a system-wide scripts directory and set the sieve_global_dir
parameter to point to it. If OTOH you wanted to include a script from
the user's sieve/ directory, you need to leave off the :global tag.

Ben