[Dovecot] Help me with IMAP config

Bill Shirley Bill at KnoxvilleChristian.org
Mon Nov 12 11:46:25 EET 2012

On 11/12/2012 4:40 AM, Tibby wrote:
> Hello!
> I have dovecot running. Imap works fine. When i connect with outlook an when i delete a message it gets crossed out but still stays in my mailbox. I want to disable this feature. I want it once its deleted then go to trash folder on the mail server and thats it. Is there an option for this? I'm running dovecot 1.2.15
>
> Thanks!
This is the way IMAP works.  Deleted items are marked delete and then
removed when the client issues the 'expunge' command.

It's best to change this in the email client.  Look at your Outlook
configuration for a way to 'move deleted items to trash' or 'expunge'.

Bill