[Dovecot] dovecot lost mail! Cause?

Tue Nov 13 13:14:20 EET 2012

On 2012-11-13 4:18 AM, Michael Firnau <mfi at tf.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
> yesterday i had a user missing mail and he had the junk-filter
> in thunderbird activated. The mail was automagically moved from
> the inbox to the spam folder. From the header i see you use thunderbird,
> so it's a shot in the dark ...

I have a user that uses filters, and occasionally will shoot himself in
the foot trying to be a little bit too smart trying to catch junk (his
definition of junk is just anything that he doesn't want), and he calls
me occasionally to come figure out why his filter is catching all of his
good mail (usually a typo)...

So, check for any filters too...

--

Best regards,