[Dovecot] users mail folders have to be subscribed

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Nov 18 21:38:22 EET 2012

Andre Bischof wrote:
> I did a migration from cyrus 2.2 to dovecot (fresh installation, details
> below) via cyrus2dovecot from FU Berlin. That worked, but I first was
> missing mails in subfolders ander Inbox. No I detected that they are in the
> users Maildir in folders in his directory. They are listed when using
> telnet:
>
> * LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX.ebay"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX.ebay.xj"
>
> But they are not shown in thunderbird, I have to subscribe to them one by
> one. I probably did something wrong and maybe messed up with namespace and
> seperator settings - it would be great if one could lead me out of that.
> The wiki was a great help installing and configuring everything, but now
> I'm stuck.

Unsubscribed mailboxes are not shown in thunderbird, while subscriptions
being stored server side, not in your local thunderbird.

You can use this command to subscribe one or more mailboxes:
  doveadm mailbox subscribe [-A|-u user] [-S socket_path] mailbox ...

This should subscribe all mailboxes of a specific user (-A for all users):
  doveadm mailbox subscribe -u user at example.com "*"

You can set this configuration option to auto-subscribe new folders:
  lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes

Regards
Daniel
--