[Dovecot] users mail folders have to be subscribed

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Nov 19 00:59:40 EET 2012

Andre Bischof wrote:
> 2012/11/18 Daniel Parthey <daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>
> > Unsubscribed mailboxes are not shown in thunderbird, while subscriptions
> > being stored server side, not in your local thunderbird.
>
> IMHO I don't need any subscriptions, I would like to appear the imported
> cyrus folders and subfolders as subfolders in dovecot. The directory
> structure seperated by '.' in the folders names in my Maildir is exactly
> how I would like to have it in Thunderbird.

No, strictly speaking you don't need subscriptions, but Thunderbird
is configured to display only subscribed folders by default.

You can configure thunderbird to not use subscriptions:
  Edit > Settings > Edit configuration
    mail.server.default.using_subscription false

Under Account Settings > Server Settings > Extended you have the
possibility to only display subscribed folders. So you might want
to remove the checkmark in order to display even unsubscribed folders.

Regards
Daniel
--
https://plus.google.com/103021802792276734820