[Dovecot] users mail folders have to be subscribed

Andre Bischof andre.bischof at rheinsinn.de
Mon Nov 19 12:27:47 EET 2012

Sven, Daniel,

2012/11/19 Sven Hartge <sven at svenhartge.de>

> Andre Bischof <andre.bischof at rheinsinn.de> wrote:
> > 2012/11/18 Daniel Parthey <daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de>

> "supscription" in IMAP-speak is the server telling the client: show this
> folder to the user.
>
> There is no differentiation between your folders an other users folders.
>
> Your problem is that during your conversion from cyrus to dovecot your
> subscriptions got lost. Maybe because the folder structure changed and
> no longer matches the server-stored subscription or because the
> server-stored subscription was not converted at all.
>
> Ah, now I understand. Thanks to Daniel I now know how I could tune
Thunderbird accordingly, but I prefer to have it solved server-side, thus
not tweaking every client I use from different computers.

Sven, I believe subscription have been lost while converting from cyrus to
dovecot, and I understand that I should use the commands shown by Daniel to
subscribe this folders one time server side, and my problems should be
solved no matter which clients I use (I put lda_mailbox_autosubscribe = yes
already):

doveadm mailbox subscribe -u user at example.com "*"

One more question: Should the user for "-u" be the system user the
mailboxes belong to or has the user to be written in form of an email
adress (user at localhost / user at n.dyndns.org)?

Regards