[Dovecot] Vacation messages come from POSTMASTER, not user

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Nov 26 19:42:22 EET 2012

Am 26.11.2012 18:31, schrieb cfowler:
> Problem : All vacation autoreplies come from the postmaster address.

<> is not really the postmaster address, its special for the mailer daemon

> Expected behavior : vacation notice comes from the user who set the
> vacation.

at my knowledge, does not work that way ,yet,
guess what you want, might work with invoking external script via sieve

wait for other responses , special stefan might give better answer about
sieve

> Platform : Dovecot 2.1.7 on Debian Squeeze ( See below for example
> reply, sieve script and dovecot -n output)
>
> Any help appreciated!

> Sieve script used:
>
> if true
> {
>     vacation :days 2 :subject "Out of Office" "I am currently out of the
> office";
>     stop;
> }

>         by quicksilver.mydomain.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 12591BE16
>         for <teststff at mydomain.com>; Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:54:16 +0000 (GMT)

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--