[Dovecot] Dovecot sieve with postfix.

/#!/JoePea trusktr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 22:59:12 EET 2012

Hi Ben,
Indeed, the mailq command shows my test messages sitting there with "mail
transport unavailable".

> ┌─[11:48:22/hypership/root/~]
> └─╼ mailq
> -Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
> 2DCCB580C01     1901 Mon Nov 26 11:45:02  trusktr at gmail.com
>                                                   (mail transport
> unavailable)
>                                          trusktr at bettafootwear.com
>
> B1449580C03     1895 Mon Nov 26 11:48:41  trusktr at gmail.com
>                                                   (mail transport
> unavailable)
>                                          trusktr at bettafootwear.com
>
> -- 5 Kbytes in 2 Requests.

I checked in /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf and it shows destination d_mail
{ file("/var/log/mail.log"); }; but there is no such mail.log file so I
created one.

I logged in as mailman by doing su -s /bin/bash mailman then ran

/usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -f trusktr at gmail.com -d
trusktr at bettafootwear.com </home/mailman/test_msg.txt

where /home/mailman/test_msg.txt contains a plain text sentence.
After doing that, mailq shows the new messages, but with the same "mail
transport unavailable" message.
However, in Roundcube I see a new blank message with no subject for each
attempt of the dovecot-lda command.

Also, the after running the dovecot-lda command a few times, I noticed it
was saying that the log files weren't writable (permission denied), so I
fixed that... However, that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem as test
emails from gmail still don't appear in Roundcube, but I see them with
mailq with "mail transport unavailable".

I'll skip setting up LMTP until I get it working with LDA so I know what
I'm doing before getting into more complications.

*/#!/*JoePea