[Dovecot] Quota

Christian Rößner cr at sys4.de
Sun Nov 4 22:34:30 EET 2012

Hi,

is it possible to ask Dovecot for a users quota by talking to the Dovecot server over TCP? I know about doveadm quota -u <user>, but I would like to know, if I can query for that over a network connection (on the Postfix ML they suggested writing a policy service that checks quota. Postfix is not always on the same server as Dovecot is).

Does the LMTP protocol give that information somehow? I am not so familiar with LMTP. Or some Unix-Socket to query that could also be configured as inet_listener?

Thanks in advance

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG