[Dovecot] Quotas 2.1clarification

Nick Edwards nick.z.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 06:55:09 EET 2012

Timo,

I have much suspicion that our quota system is not working correctly
since we migrate to 2.1
Currently using 2.1.10
Previously we had for issue of warnings

 quota_warning = storage=90%% /scripts/dqwarn-90.sh
 quota_warning2 = storage=75%% /scripts/dqwarn-75.sh

worked great, these lines also migrated to new conf upon conversion.

But quota conf example shows

plugin {
  #quota_warning = storage=95%% quota-warning 95 %u
  #quota_warning2 = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
}

# Example quota-warning service. The unix listener's permissions should be
# set in a way that mail processes can connect to it. Below example assumes
# that mail processes run as vmail user. If you use mode=0666, all system users
# can generate quota warnings to anyone.
#service quota-warning {
#  executable = script /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh
#  user = dovecot
#  unix_listener quota-warning {
#    user = vmail
#  }
#}

So this seems to indicate   /scripts/dqwarn-75.sh  should be a service
name, which then calls the service quota-warning with that script in
it etc etc etc surely this old 4 line method has not been replaced
into a 20 line mess?

Is this old way still functioning as I suspect it is not, and we need
to write up two separate new quota warning services given our warnings
are worded differently, or should the old methods still be working as
they did in 1.2 and we have an error elsewhere?

Niki