[Dovecot] Different Mechanism for POP3

Tim Smith tim at titan21.co.uk
Sat Nov 17 18:23:40 EET 2012

Just wondered if there was a way of making the PLAIN an authentication
method for POP3S transactions only without making this an option for
IMAP? I am attempting to connect to a POP3S server through the GMail
interface available through "Accounts and Import". The issue is that
there does not seem to be an option to specify the type of mechanism
within their interface so I think I have to offer PLAIN along with SSL.
Has anyone else had any experience of using the GMail import settings?
--
Tim Smith
Tel: 01423 564 078
Email: info at titan21.co.uk