[Dovecot] Filesystem quotas

Andreas Kasenides andreas.kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Wed Nov 21 19:34:55 EET 2012

I could not determine if when using filesystem quotas
(http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/FS)
Dovecot will use the reported quota and limits without the need of
configuring them
via "quota_rules". Is this possible somehow? Such a feature would
determine the quota limits
automatically from the filesystem quotas thereby allowing to make use of
them in quota warnings.
Dovecot already knows the quota settings and limits. Here is evidence
from the logs

> Nov 21 19:24:22 iolaos dovecot: imap(user): Debug: box=/Mail/ank
> mount=/newmail match=yes
> Nov 21 19:24:22 iolaos dovecot: imap(user): Debug: quota-fs:
> host=xxxx.xxxx.ucy.xx.cy, path=/mail, uid=211, bytes
> Nov 21 19:24:22 iolaos dovecot: imap(user): Debug: quota-fs: uid=211,
> value=2779115520, limit=8388608000
I am using (testing) version 2.2alpha1.

Thankx.

--