[Dovecot] Dovecot configuration and question about IP trusted

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Sat Oct 6 20:05:17 EEST 2012

Hi Mik,

> Also how do you understand this sentence
> "# Don't use mmap() at all. This is required if you store indexes to shared
> # filesystems (NFS or clustered filesystem) or for some operating systems
> # which use a separate cache for mmap, such as OpenBSD.
> mmap_disable = yes"
> I've read it 10 times, and I don't know if this should be set to yes or no (probably because my english is not perfect).
> My operating system is OpenBSD and I don't share NFS or cluster filesystems.

Well, your english is monumentally better than my second language (if
you could even say I have one), so good on you...

I interpret this sentence as an if statement:

if [[ (using NFS||Cluster) == true || (using OS w separate cache for
mmap, such as OpenBSD) == true ]]; then
	setting is required (set to yes/true)
fi

--