[Dovecot] [OT] How do I convert maildir to bsmtp format?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Sun Oct 7 23:48:10 EEST 2012

Am 07.10.2012 21:47, schrieb Marc Perkel:
> Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a spam filtering operation as a
> front end for other servers. I've created a virtual server for spam
> storage where the user will be able to log in using squirrelmail/dovecot
> to review and release their spam. The email is stored in maildir format.
>
> Piecing it together I can use squirrelmail to pipe the email into
> something so that if a use finds a false positive they can hit the
> "release" button and the message is sent on to the recipient.
> Squirrelmail sends the message as you would receive it as stored in
> maildir format.
>
> I need to take this format and translate it to send it on to the user.
>
> Wondering what is the best way to do that. Something that translated it
> into bsmtp format would be great. I'm sure thare must be something out
> there. I just haven't found it yet.
>
> Thanks in advance.

sorry my hard words ,thats enorm complicated
the whole idea sounds broken somehow

why not reject spam in smtp income level
i.e with clamav-milter and sanesecurity antispam signatures
and spamass-milter reject all mail tagged over i.e level 15

for the rest ( which will be quite low ) use i.e some quarantaine
feature amavis etc

if users should manage it ie
http://www.maiamailguard.com/maia/wiki/AboutMaia
or equal may a good idea

and i am quite sure there are some other well done projects out there
which doing equal stuff

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer