[Dovecot] some questions on dovecot or rather a mail system setup

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Oct 9 09:51:18 EEST 2012

Am 08.10.2012 23:37, schrieb Christoph Anton Mitterer:

> - Apart from spam, I never delete mail; and because I'm subscribed to
> many lists, I get a lot of mail.
>
> - Storage on my server is limited and it's located somewhere at my ISP,
> so I generally do not trust it with respect to safety...
> For both reasons, I want the canonical archive of all mail to be at home
> at some local server.

sorry you questioned very complex, try to
ask more simple

there are many tools which may help you

bcc_copy with postfix
imapsync
rsync
dsync
getmail

you may use filters too
like sieve, maildrop , procmail etc

at the end that should solve nearly all what you might goal

its not that much a dovecot question, it more depends
if you find that general layout which fits best to your ideas

however there is no magical imap/pop3 server more flexibel
to configure then dovecot, if your ideas dont work with it, your ideas
are broken

--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer