[Dovecot] Shared Squat index for public mailboxes

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Wed Oct 10 12:49:27 EEST 2012

Am 10.10.2012 10:24, schrieb Robert Schetterer:
> Am 10.10.2012 10:06, schrieb Frerich Raabe:
>> I already use this; as I mentioned, the index files of the public
>> readonly mailbox is stored per-user so that each user has his own set of
>> \Seen flags. Here's my public namespace:
>>
>> namespace public {
>>    separator = /
>>    prefix = Lists/
>>    location = maildir:/home/vmail/lists/Maildir:CONTROL=~/Maildir/lists:INDEX=~/Maildir/lists
>>    subscriptions = no
>> }

[..]

> perhaps meanwhile this helps
>
> -snip
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public

[..]

> namespace {
>    type = public
>    separator = /
>    prefix = Public/
>    location = maildir:/var/mail/public:INDEX=~/Maildir/public
>    subscriptions = no
> }

Note how this is basically exactly the same as what I posted, except
that it uses the Dovecot 2 configuration file format ('type = public')
and that it calls the prefix/location "public" instead of "lists".

> If you want to change what flags are shared when dovecot-shared file
> exists, currently you'll have to modify the source code:
> src/lib-storage/index/maildir/maildir-storage.c maildir_open() has
> mbox->ibox.box.private_flags_mask = MAIL_SEEN; Change the MAIL_SEEN to
> any flag combination you want. See src/lib-mail/mail-types.h for list of
> valid flags.

I don't think this is applicable to my case, and a check of the source
code seems to confirm that: I'm not trying to change the set of flags
stored for a given mail but rather the index file of the Squat plugin.

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing