[Dovecot] Irrelevant information filling logs

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Oct 10 21:09:25 EEST 2012

On 10/10/2012 8:39 AM, 3.listas at adminlinux.com.br wrote:

> Is there a way to send specific Dovecot errors on specific files or
> just discard them?

syslog/rsyslog filters are the best method, in my opinion. This would
allow you to filter to another file or discard things you aren't
interested in all together.

I personally like quota messages in another logfile. Then I can tail the
file with a script and issue changes so that the MTA servers reject
emails to that user instead of trying to deliver, then periodically
check quotas for users we currently block to determine when it is okay
to accept emails again. It really lowers the bounces on the MTA servers.

Jack