[Dovecot] Feature Request

Daniel Parthey daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Oct 12 02:24:08 EEST 2012

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> >> You could already implement this as userdb checkpassword script.
> >
> > Can you give me an example?
>
> Something like this:
>
> userdb {
>   driver = checkpasword
>   args = /usr/local/bin/userdb.sh
> }

Here is the documentation about how to implement a checkpassword script:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/CheckPassword

Dovecot sets some environment variables that the script may use.
All of the AUTH_* variables are available as AUTH_<long name>
extra fields in the environment:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Variables#line-30

Regards
Daniel