[Dovecot] dovecot cores

dovecot at freakout.de dovecot at freakout.de
Fri Oct 12 09:50:16 EEST 2012

According to Timo Sirainen:
> On 11.10.2012, at 9.43, dovecot at freakout.de wrote:
>
> Dovecot code is calling str_to_time() from libmysqlclient,
> instead of from Dovecot's internal code.
> Not the first time mysql conflicted with Dovecot code.
> This could be worked around, but .. why is your dovecot
> binary linked with libmysqlclient?
> Only auth and dict binaries should be.

but dovecot's configure script does not allow to specify the
mysql libs and headers explictly - only by global CPPFLAGS and
LDFLAGS extensions, which are used for all binaries - when i
tried to specify:

./configure --prefix=/opt/dovecot --sysconfdir=/etc/dovecot --mandir=/opt/dovecot/man \
	--docdir=/opt/dovecot/doc --libexecdir=/opt/dovecot/sbin --datadir=/opt/dovecot \
	--with-rundir=/var/dovecot/run --with-statedir=/var/dovecot/state \
	--with-mysql=/opt/mysql/bin/mysql_config
checking for ...
configure: error: --with-mysql=path not supported. You may want to use instead:
CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/mysql/bin/mysql_config/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/mysql/bin/mysql_config/lib ./configure --with-mysql

i followed the hint from the configure script above and run
into the core-dumps due to symbol clash str_to_time.

How to work around with mysql in non-standard location?

Thanks
Axel