[Dovecot] Help!

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Sat Oct 13 03:45:29 EEST 2012

This has nothing to do with dovecot or with any server.
Thunderbird tries to guess settings such as your IMAP and SMTP server
addresses, ports, TLS, authentication scheme, etc. Sometimes none of the
guess attempts matches your settings. That's not an actual problem. Just
enter the settings manually.

If your priority is to make Thunderbird quickly and automatically
configure your email accounts, read here
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Autoconfiguration

Note that this is Thunderbird-specific, Microsoft Outlook, Blackberry
etc. each have their own autoconfiguration schemes.