[Dovecot] dovecot died

Wed Oct 17 13:13:34 EEST 2012

On 2012-10-17 2:26 AM, Hendrik <pipefab at mweb.co.za> wrote:
> 05:47:27 scene dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Time just moved backwards by 35
> seconds. This might cause a lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now.
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/TimeMovedBackwards

Presumably this is on a shared hosting service, and they haven't gotten
the VM to sync time properly.

It is absolutely critical that time be kept in sync on servers,
especially mail servers, so dovecot assumes a serious problem exists
when time leaps like this happen and kills itself.

Fix the time sync problem on your server (you may have to work with the
service/hosting provider) and dovecot will stop committing seppuku...

Charles