[Dovecot] Add S=<size> to maildirfile

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri Oct 19 19:12:26 EEST 2012

Il 18/10/2012 18:49, Jack Bates ha scritto:
> On 10/18/2012 11:22 AM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Am 18.10.2012 16:29, schrieb Alessio Cecchi:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in some old Maildir/ I have file without the S=<size> in file name.
>>>
>>> Is possibile to add the size to the file name with some tools like
>>> doveadm?
>>>
>>> Are there other methods to update these file?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>> perhaps this helps for ideas
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/RefilterMail
>>
>> perhaps you can use dsync also , but i am really not sure
>> if this works
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync
>>
>> however its easy to test
>
> Dsync would be the best option, I believe. It should work moving from
> maildir to maildir, but if necessary, you could also convert it to
> another format and then put it back to maildir.
>
> Jack

Dsync could be a good idea but I need to "sync" maildir to the same
maildir and I don't think can be done this.

My situation is a Maildir/cur/ with old email files without S=size and,
in the same Maildir/cur/, some files with S=size.

Can doveadm do this?

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/