[Dovecot] spamc can't seem to call /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

Bill Shirley Bill at KnoxvilleChristian.org
Wed Oct 24 21:04:39 EEST 2012

On 10/24/2012 1:39 PM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 01:28:41PM -0400, Bill Shirley wrote:
>> On 10/24/2012 12:32 PM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
>>> There seems to be much confusion in this thread. I might be able
>>> able to help clear up some of it, but probably not all, because I
>>> agree with Robert about using amavisd-new for filtering and LMTP
>>> for delivery.
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 02:52:45PM -0600, Troy Vitullo wrote:
> snip
>>> The poster who was talking about postconf(5) mailbox_command
>>> was bringing in a red herring. That is for local(8) delivery,
>>> and you evidently are using pipe(8).
>> Just a note: the original post did NOT have the word 'virtual' in
>> it. If it did, I missed it and apologize for introducing confusion.
> It did not, but it did indeed include the pipe log output shown
> above, and therefore ^mailbox_.* postconf settings do not apply.

Could be he was going about it the wrong way; mixing the two.  Do you
know whether he's trying to do virtual or local?

My postings describe my implementation.

I'm just trying to help him.  But I don't think my posts are being
received that way.

Bill