[Dovecot] Public folders and groups

Jan Phillip Greimann jg at softjury.de
Thu Oct 25 13:35:53 EEST 2012

Am 25.10.2012 00:13, schrieb b m:
> Currently I have dovecot working with Active Directory authentication and public folders with acl. In acl I have the users I want to access the public folders. It'll be easier for me to use one group instead of 50 users but I can't get it to work. From where does dovecot get the "group" attribute for a user? Can it read the groups that a user belongs from AD?

Here a sentence to this, found in the dovecot wiki.
(http://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL)

ACL groups support works by returning a comma-separated acl_groups extra
field from userdb, which contains all the groups the user belongs to.

It seems to be possible, I had an acl_groups field in my MySQL Database
for this, I'am sure it is something like that in an AD too.