[Dovecot] Creating Maildir and populating with emails via external Python process

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 23:10:59 EEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:54:43PM -0700, Bradley Rintoul wrote:
> I am brand new to this whole "email" thing.  I am looking at this
> article right now:
> http://www.tuxradar.com/content/get-started-fetchmail-procmail-and-dovecot

I did not see where you described the ultimate goal. That should have
been the starting point of this thread. Describe the problem, not how
you think it should be solved, because you are new to this, and your
ideas might benefit from some scrutiny. Use plain language.

I have not reviewed your howto, but personally I would recommend
neither fetchmail (I'd choose getmail) nor procmail (other choices
exist, depending on what you are trying to do.)