[Dovecot] Changing password for users

Jeffrey Ross jeff at bubble.org
Fri Oct 26 02:07:04 EEST 2012

On 10/25/2012 03:21 PM, Mike John wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using dovecot (2.0.9) and using virtual users using
>
> passdb {
>   args = /etc/dovecot/dovecotpasswd
>   driver = passwd-file
> }
>
> How can i make my virtual users change their passwords using web
> interface ?
>
> My users already uses squirrelmail to access their mail. is there a
> program to add to squirrelmail to add this function to the clients ?
> or should i user different separate website for password changing ?
> and what program/tool can help me with this ?
>
> Any ideas is greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike.
Mike,

I don't know about forcing users to change their passwords however with
Squirrelmail there are several password change plugins available that
use "poppasswd" to actually change the password.

Of course poppasswd will probably need to be modified to go against your
password data base, in my case it simply uses PAM.  The version I use is
poppassd version 1.8.5.

Oh you probably want to restrict access to the port from the local host
only since passwords are transmitted in clear text.

Jeff