[Dovecot] Changing password for users

Mike John mike at alaadin.org
Fri Oct 26 21:47:44 EEST 2012

On 2012-10-26 01:17, Mike John wrote:

>> Hello, I am using dovecot (2.0.9) and using virtual users using
>> passdb
>> { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecotpasswd driver = passwd-file } How can i
>> make my virtual users change their passwords using web interface ?
>> My
>> users already uses squirrelmail to access their mail. is there a
>> program to add to squirrelmail to add this function to the clients ?
>> or
>> should i user different separate website for password changing ? and
>> what program/tool can help me with this ? Any ideas is greatly
>> appreciated. Mike. Mike,
>
>> I don't know about forcing users to change their passwords however
>> with
>> Squirrelmail there are several password change plugins available
>> that
>> use "poppasswd" to actually c> ssword. Of course poppasswd will
> probably need to be modified to go
>> against your password data base, in my case it simply uses PAM. The
>> version I> sion 1.8.5. Oh you probably want to restrict access to
>> the
> port from
>> the local host only since pas
> ansmitted in clear
>
>> quot
> e>Jeff
>
> I know about poppassd , but it works only for /etc/passwd ,
> /etc/shadow, but my dovecot virtual users password files
> are in different location and i do not know how to modify poppassd,
> any
> idea how can i do that? and is there another way other than poppassd?

i have googled every where, i can not find how to modify poppassd to
modify virtual users passwords at /etc/dovecot/passwords
, Is there any other way ? i am sure that some one in this mailing list
have virtual users and uses modified poppassd or other utils so that his
clients can change their password