[Dovecot] does dovecot interpret any mail headers specially with maildir?

Christoph Anton Mitterer calestyo at scientia.net
Mon Oct 29 23:09:11 EET 2012

Hi Timo.

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 22:40 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > I wondered, when using maildir, are there any headers that dovecote
> > would treat specially, too?
> > And which I therefore should strip?
>
> No. Maildir metadata is stored elsewhere.

Great... and I expect that this ("no headers from the maildir files are
interpreted") applies also, when one "imports" mails the first time.

With import I don't mean via IMAP, but plainly moving e.g. a maildir++
tree under dovecots mail location.

Then dovecot usually starts to generate all it's metadata,... and I
expect that things like status and keywords are left simply unset... and
things like UID and UIDVALIDITY are freshly initialised and not tried to
be converted from the maildir files, right?

Thanks,
Chris.