[Dovecot] maildir S= and W=

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Wed Oct 31 14:04:27 EET 2012

Il 31/10/2012 12:41, Christoph Anton Mitterer ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2012-10-31 at 08:20 +0100, Alessio Cecchi wrote:
>> The MDA should calculate and set this, dovecot always add these
>> informations, as you can see when upload file via IMAP.
> Ah thanks,... do you know whether it's possible to have them set by
> maildrop? I couldn't find anything on this.

My maildrop (2.4) version, working with qmail and vpopmail, add S= by
default. Probably you are running an old version without Maildir++ support:

http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html

==============
Delivering to a Maildir++

Delivering to a Maildir++ is like delivering to a Maildir, with the
following exceptions:

Follow the usual Maildir conventions for naming the filename used to
store the message, except that append ,S=nnnnn to the name of the file,
where nnnnn is the size of the file. This eliminates the need to stat()
most messages when calculating the quota. If the size of the message is
not known at the beginning, append ,S=nnnnn when renaming the message
from tmp to new.

Ciao

--
Alessio Cecchi is: