[Dovecot] Unable to get Managesieve working

Cliff Dunn cliff at clamjuice.org
Wed Oct 31 14:47:10 EET 2012

I didn't follow those instructions as I assumed that it would be
installed with Dovecot from the Debian repositories.  See output of
commands below.  And thanks again for the help!

# find /usr/lib/dovecot | grep sieve
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_sieve_plugin.so
/usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_sieve_plugin.la
/usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve
/usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login

# apt-cache policy dovecot-sieve
N: Unable to locate package dovecot-sieve

# dpkg -l "dovecot*"

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name                         Version
Description
un  dovecot                      <none>                       (no
description available)
ii  dovecot-common               1:1.2.15-7                   secure
mail server that supports mbox and maildir mailboxes
ii  dovecot-imapd                1:1.2.15-7                   secure
IMAP server that supports mbox and maildir mailboxes