[Dovecot] Log NAT IP address?

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Oct 1 00:37:17 EEST 2012

On 9/30/2012 8:02 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> Hi Timo/everyone,
>
> Currently we are logging the remote IP, but is there a way to show the
> IP address that the NAT connection is coming from?
>
> The reason I ask is, we are changing ISPs, and I would like to see in
> the logs when an external connection is coming from our OLD ISP
> connection, and when it is coming through our new one.

Traffic monitoring during a switchover of this nature is typically done
at the edge router, not inside an individual server application.  Is
your router able to compile or export a daily traffic report per
physical port, or raw data to your network monitoring software, showing
packets/connections for TCP/UDP.  Most can.  This would give you the
information you seek, including all traffic for both the new and old
ISP, not just IMAP.

--
Stan