[Dovecot] Advanced dovecot tricks - spam review/release

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Wed Oct 3 22:48:21 EEST 2012

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice to do a really advanced trick with Dovecot.
I'm not sure if this can be done. I need to describe first.

I have a spam filtering company that does front end spam filtering.
(Junk Email Filter) I want to add a system where I store a copy of spam
on a server and make it available to the customer to review and maybe
resent on false positives.

I know I could do something simple where I deliver all spam to a domain
account and make it available to an administrator. Then if it's a false
positive they would drag the message to a "resend" folder. I'll have
something the checks the folder one a minute to pick up and resend.

However

What would be very cool is delivering the spam to individual accounts.
So a user who logs in individually can see their own spam. But the admin
for the domain would be able to see all users. Maybe the users would
appear as folders?

Then a master account (me) would be able to log in and see all the
domains as folders and the users as folders inside the domains?

One thing I can do is deliver the spam to 3 different places so it's
visible on all levels.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas about that. And
I'll need an authentication system.