[Dovecot] Maildir hardlinks

Benedetto Vassallo benedetto.vassallo at unipa.it
Thu Oct 4 16:00:03 EEST 2012

Hello list,
Excuse me for my poor english.
I have updated on a test server dovecot 2.0.13 to dovecot 2.1.1.

All works fine, but with the new version it seems that dovecot don't
do hardlinks when deliver a message to multiple users.
I have checked my config and the only rule I can see aboout that is

maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes

in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf

My mail location config is

mail_location = maildir:~/MailDir:LAYOUT=fs

I tryed using lmtp directly issuing 'telnet localhost 24' and sending
a test message to 3 recipients.
Then issuing a 'ls -il' in the "new" directory of that users, I saw
the inode was not the same.

I rechecked my config and take a look in the wiki and in the list for
someone who had the same problems, but found nothing.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I can't understand what.
Can you help me?
Thank you

--
Benedetto Vassallo