[Dovecot] another mysql quota problem

Tibby tibby at tibby.hu
Mon Oct 8 16:49:33 EEST 2012

Hello!
I am using dovecot 1.2.15 on Debian 6
I have Postfix configured with mysql, and also dovecot is auth-ing form mysql users table.
The users table has username password quota stored.
When I set qouta to whatever number, it doesnt even show in dovecot.

telnet localhost 143
a login username at domain.tld password
a getquotaroot inbox
* QUOTAROOT "INBOX"
a OK Getquotaroot completed.

Basicly it doesn't show any kind of quota.
in the /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf:
driver = mysql
connect = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=mail user=USERNAME password=PASSWORD
default_pass_scheme = CRYPT
password_query = SELECT email as user, password FROM users WHERE email='%u';
user_query = SELECT CONCAT(('/home/vmail/'), SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/') AS home, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid, CONCAT('maildir:storage=', floor(quota/1024)) AS quota FROM users WHERE email='%u';

Why it doesn't get the quota out from the mail DB's users table?