[Dovecot] Dovecot sieve and duplicate email subjects

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Oct 17 23:12:00 EEST 2012

On 8/27/2012 12:40 PM, Benjamin Thomas wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to gracefully handle duplicate subjects
> lines (within a given time frame) with sieve filters ?
>
> Ideally, I would like the first email of the day with subject ""AutoAlert
> Type1..." to get moved to the subfolder given above. Subsequent "duplicate"
> emails would then go into a "duplicate" subfolder.
>
> Is this possible with sieve filters ? I could not find anything striking me
> as obvious while reading the page http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve.

Although the above is still not possible with the standard Sieve
features, I updated the Dovecot-specific vnd.dovecot.duplicate extension
with support for the scenario you describe. Basically, I made it much
more flexible for checking all kinds of string value duplicates and not
only strictly based on the Message-ID header. Also, the user can now
directly control the time frame within which duplicates are detected
(within configurable limits).

http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/raw-file/tip/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-duplicate.txt

It will be included in the next Pigeonhole v0.3 release.

Regards,

Stephan.