[Dovecot] dovecot auth against AD on samba4

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at delellis.net
Wed Oct 24 12:48:34 EEST 2012

Hi group

I am currently running a mail server on ubuntu 11.04 with postfix 2.8.5,
dovecot dovecot 2.0.13 and openldap 2.4.23. I have now read about sogo and
I am thinking about installing it because of it's native outlook support
capabilities.

The ZEG appliance wouldn't be an option for me because I use a virtual
server from a provider where I can't install my own vm or even an iso.

When I go thru the documentation there is a part with installing
OpenChange based on samba4. As far as I understood the OpenChange
authentication is against the samba4 AD. Actually there is no support in
syncing the AD against an OpenLdap Server and I would have to change the
OpenLdap port because the AD is listening on port 389. To change the port
wouldn't be a big deal, but what i was thinking about to run the dovecot
auth also against the samba 4 AD.

I searched around on the internet but didn't find a doc yet how to do that.

Does anyone here could provide me with a link or a how-to ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Carsten Laun-De Lellis

Hauptstrasse 13