[Dovecot] Creating Maildir and populating with emails via external Python process

Bradley Rintoul brintoul at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 25 21:01:53 EEST 2012

Hello:

I'm using Dovecot to provide IMAP services for Thunderbird clients.  The user's
mail is stored in Maildir format and the individual emails which the user
"receives" are actually downloaded and put into the Maildir "repository" using a
Python email client (POP3 client).

I am trying to create the dovecot-uidlist file and maintain the "next UID" value
within it, but I am having trouble with the UIDVALIDITY and the 128 bit mailbox
global UID among other things.  How can I "seed" a dovecot-uidlist file with
these values..?

Sorry if the information is not much to go on, please let me know what more
information you might need to help point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

B. RIntoul