[Dovecot] dovecot-lda delivery to Maildir/cur as 'seen'?

Dale Gallagher dale.gallagher at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:27:00 EEST 2012

Hi

I've added a server-side feature where authenticated customers sending
through our SMTP server have their outbound mail copied to their Sent
folder (like Gmail does). The delivery script called by qmail calls
dovecot-lda to deliver it to the user's Sent folder.

The problem now, is that the Sent folder shows the mail as unread,
which MUAs flag (and notify, in the case of some). I've searched the
docs and mailing list, but can't find an option to tell dovecot-lda to
mark the mail being delivered, as seen/read. If I've missed something,
please let me know. If not, then I think it might be a good idea to
add a feature to dovecot-lda permitting one to specify delivery to the
./cur subfolder of a Maildir, instead of ./new.

Thanks