[Dovecot] Problem about SSL for Dovecot.

sheng-wei.lim sheng-wei.lim at proximityjobs.com
Tue Oct 30 11:51:55 EET 2012

Hi All,

With the below setting (cropped),  the ssl certificate(signed by godaddy) don’t seems to work. It will still ask me if I want to accept this certificate.

I have use the same certificate for apache host and postfix it works without any prompt.

dovecot version : 2.0.19

# OS: Linux 3.2.0-32-generic-pae i686 Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Dovecot config:

ssl = required

ssl_cert = </aaa/4/merged5.crt

ssl_key = </certs/proximityjobs.key

userdb {

  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf

  driver = sql

}

verbose_ssl = yes

protocol lda {

  auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

  lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes

  log_path = /var/log/sieve.log

  mail_plugins = quota sieve autocreate acl

  postmaster_address = root

}

protocol imap {

  imap_client_workarounds = tb-extra-mailbox-sep

  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota autocreate acl imap_acl

}

protocol pop3 {

  mail_plugins = quota

  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh

  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv

}

Best Regards,

Sheng Wei